Monday, November 18, 2013

Crazy Few Days

     Man, has it been a crazy few days.  Friday night was a Den meeting.  So many people there who know that I'm going through things (though not knowing what) were so supportive and encouraging.  I found it to be extremely helpful and uplifting.  Saturday was my first day out and about for a full day since my surgery.  I have to say I survived pretty well.  Sore (again surgery caused), but did well.  I even avoided the falling asleep early thing.  Since starting the Elmiron I've been extremely tired.  Most days I can avoid the urge to fall asleep early though.  Saturday I kept busy with putting up our Christmas tree....oh it was so much fun!!!!  Sunday, well...that is another story.  I woke up at 8am, and was back asleep by 9.  I ended up sleeping in till 11.  OMG I won't lie...it felt good to sleep in. I know it's not realistic though to expect every day.  Still felt good.  I ended up though feeling out of it though.  One of the days where I was in pain (and running a fever), and I do believe that is why I slept in.  I did end up getting up to go get my meds and such from the pharmacy.  My favorite part of Sunday...I PUT ON JEANS!!!!  I know it seems like such a small thing, but my swelling from the surgery went down enough I was able to put on jeans and walk around comfortably for the first time in 1.5wks.  I can't believe how much I rely on my jeans....lol.  Today, well that was a take the kids to the doctor and pharmacy day, and then write a paper for school...just a boring day!!!  Tomorrow is going to be busy though w/ getting prepped for a meeting at my house for my PR Girls.  I feel like I'm rocking it out so far!!!

     Eating IC safe foods is not near as bad, so far, as I thought it originally would be.  I told you all of the recipe site I found the other day.  I saw on her site, and others, pesto mentioned.  I have NEVER had pesto prior to saturday night.  OMG I LOVE IT.  I don't know how I lived without it.  I have always been horrible about being open to trying new things, but a few months ago I opened up to FRESH spinach, and now I advanced it into pesto.  I am more and more accepting of this lately.  It's been 4 full days of NO coffee, coke, koolaid, or tea.  That is HUGE for me.  I am such an addict to my caffeine, so it feels so good to have made it 4 days.  Though I will say I've gone through almost an entire gallon of milk in 3 days.  Now, for confession.  I've found it easier to give up my drinks than to give up chocolate. I have been sneaking bits of chocolate here and there.  It has been fewer than normal.  I'm at a point in the month where I normally would be drowning in chocolate, but I've had 1 small nugget today.  I'm proud of myself for just doing that.  I know that I will get to the point where I can wean myself off all chocolate though, and I will work toward that.  For now though I'm living up my victory of 4 days w/o coke, coffee, and sweet drinks.  GO ME!!!

     Well, you all enjoy your day.  I'm thinking 10:30 is a good time to crash...lol.  PSSST...if you are a bargain shopper this week Walgreens has Purex laundry detergent buy 1 get 2 free!!!!  Just thought I would throw that out there...lol. NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment